Crema de Fruta6 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 35 min
“Enjoy this fruit gelatin dessert.” - by RONALD UY
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch dish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch oval, glass baking dish.
- To prepare cake: Beat 6 eggs until fluffy. Beat in 3/4 cup sugar until smooth and thick. Fold in 1 1/4 cups cake flour, nutmeg and salt. Stir in melted butter. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until center springs back when lightly touched. Let cool 10 minutes in pan before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Split cake horizontally into two layers.
- To prepare filling: combine 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup cake flour, 5 egg yolks, water and vanilla in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook and stir until thickened, 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- To prepare topping: Place reserved juice in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in gelatin and continue stirring until completely dissolved. Set aside.
- To assemble: Return bottom cake layer to glass dish. Spread half the filling over the layer. Top with remaining layer and remaining filling. Arrange fruit cocktail on top and cover with gelatin mixture. Chill 4 to 8 hours, until set.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 213 cal
- 6.3 g
- 33.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Base of the dessert i,e: may be substituted with sponge fingers..." See more"
"The custard and the topping for this recipe seemed to be the only things that worked. The base cake was a disaster. I followed the recipe to the letter, but after 20 minutes, the "cake" wasn't even ..." See morecooked all the way through. Things didn't improve even when I doubled the baking time. For the base cake, I used the Four Egg Yellow Cake, which is also on AllRecipes.com For my taste, I switched to cake flour instead of the all-purpose flour. The owner of this recipe should review the ingredients a hundred times over before sharing it with the public. I lost quite a bit of time, as this cake was supposed to be served at my father's birthday party."
Flan de Coco (Coconut Flan)
Lemon Custard Pudding Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.