Blueberry Stuffed French Toast33 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 8 hr 50 min
“Rich and very filling, but oh so good! You'll be coming back for seconds and thirds!” - by masons_mom
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with butter. Cut 10 slices of the bread into 3/4 inch cubes. Spread Neufchatel cheese over one side of the remaining 6 slices of bread. Arrange the bread, cheese side up, in the baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the blueberries, then top with the bread cubes.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup of sugar in a bowl. Pour over the bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together the nutmeg and 1/4 cup of sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle over bread mixture. Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 30 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.
- To make compote: Heat cornstarch, water and remaining 1 cup of sugar over medium heat and bring to a simmer, cooking until thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and the remaining 1 cup of blueberries. Serve with the french toast.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 334 cal
- 9 g
- 56 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (33)Rate This Recipe
"I gets three stars for flavor. I give it 1 star for baking instructions. 350 for 20-30 minutes is no where near enough time. I'd say more like 400 degrees for 45 minutes. taking the foil off half way ..." See morethru the cooking time. At 350, I baked for almost an hour and it's still very soggy on the bottom and barely cooked on top. Maybe the milk ratio should be looked at more closely. Unsure. Will try again and play with the cook times. I did add cinnamon to the sugared topping. I like that addition."
"I cut the recipe in half, used whole wheat bread, and added a lot more blueberries than called for (it's high blueberry season!), and baked for 50 minutes - still turned out delicious! No time to make..." See more compote - we served with blueberry syrup we had on hand, and maple syrup, too, as an option, along with some whipped cream. yummy!"
"I cube all of the bread. Place half of cubes in a greased pan. Use 2 8oz. cream cheese cut in cubes. Place over bread. Add blueberries (I don't measure) cover with rest of cubes. Beat 6 eggs. add mil..." See morek 1/2 cup maple syrup--no sugar, vanilla and cinnamon I warm the maple syrup and add the cinnamon and stir until disolved. Pour over mixture, cover with foil and refrigerate over night. Take out 1/2 hour before baking. Bake 20 minutes with foil on. Remove foil and bake 20 minutes loner or until knife in middle comes out clean I add the blueberries to the cooking miture and continue cooking on alower heat about 5 minutes.. They burst and make for a more flaverable mixture. I also add a little cinnamon. Remove from heat and add butter."
Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast with Peaches
Blueberry French Toast
Just swipe to see more like this.