Bean and Honey Burrito Casserole56 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 5 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“I have been trying for years to duplicate my favorite burrito from my favorite south Florida Mexican restaurant. I started making it in casserole form and was pretty happy with this one, a combination of beans with a sweet and creamy sauce. I have many variations of this, but this is the basic idea behind it. Serve with a side of chopped lettuce and tomatoes. ” - by Red
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Prepare yellow rice as directed on package; reserve 1 1/2 cups. Refrigerate any remaining rice for another use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Line bottom of baking dish with 4 tortillas. To make the honey sauce, whisk together the mustard, sour cream, and 1/3 cup honey in a small bowl. Combine the red pepper, green pepper, garbanzo beans, black beans, and corn in a large bowl. Scoop out 1/2 cup of the bean mixture and reserve for topping.
- Stir the chicken, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, cumin, yellow rice, and honey sauce into the bean mixture. Mix well. Pour mixture into the baking dish. Top with 4 tortillas; sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, and the reserved 1/2 cup bean mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until hot and bubbly, 30 to 45 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil if top browns excessively. Remove from oven, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of honey.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 446 cal
- 12.5 g
- 63.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (56)Rate This Recipe
"I was excited to try this recipe out, as I've been wanting different chicken recipes. I was hesitant about the honey and mustard, but figured it must be an amazing flavors since most have liked it. ..." See moreI was wrong. It was ok. If you don't really like a sweetness to your dinner, then definitely skip this one. I agree with another reviewer about the nice mix of chicken/rice/beans/veggies, but just didn't like the honey mustard sauce. Perhaps I'll keep the filling, but change the sauce to something different."
"EXCELLENT DISH AND SOO EASY. I did make 4 minor changes: (1) used whole wheat tortillas (2) baked as burritos, not as a casserole, (3) instead of mixing the sour cream/honey/mustard mix in dish I driz..." See morezled it in the middle of the burrito b4 I rolled it and then also on top of the burrito, and (4) added a little salsa to the top of the burritos. I only used about 1/4 - 1/3 of the honey/mustard/sour cream mixture .... i think the dish would have been WAY too sweet using the entire mixture. The recipe really is awesome, easy and healthy!!"
Calico Bean Casserole
Chicken, Stuffing and Green Bean Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.