Strawberry Pretzel Salad251 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“It is a dessert, but isn't too sweet, nor too salty. It is really pretty when you put it in a clear ovenproof dish.” - by BETILDA
Original recipe yields 1 9x13 inch baking dish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 424 cal
- 23.3 g
- 52.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (251)Rate This Recipe
"My aunt has been making this recipe for years & has given me a few pointers....as Hollyfae said, be sure & make sure your cream cheese is all the way to the edges of the pan & sealed (to keep the jell..." See moreo from seeping under the cream cheese & making the crust soggy). It's also helpful to chill the cream cheese really well before topping w/ the jello. Sometimes I like to add an 8 oz. can of crushed pineapple in w/ the strawberries (Paula Deen's version)"
"A hit every time I make it! Do not try to substitute low fat cream cheese or cool whip... the white layer just won't come together as nicely. I learned the hard way. Multiple times. Make sure to s..." See morepread the white layer all the way to the edges and get a nice seal so that the jello layer doesn't seep into the bottom. In the spring and early summer, when strawberries are in season around here, I also slice some fresh berries into the jello for presentation."
"I love this recipe but found it much better if after the jello is all disolved I add 4 ice cubes until melted then add an 8 oz tub of whipped cream to the jello mixture and mix til smooth then adding ..." See morethe strawberries after. It stays more firm and has a wonderful creamy taste to it."
Judy's Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.