Alaska Sheet Cake12 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“A white version of the ever-popular Texas Sheet Cake. Moist and delicious!” - by Kim Sing
Original recipe yields 1 -10x15 inch sheet cake
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C), and grease and flour a 10x15 inch sheet pan.
- Stir together the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Place 1 cup butter with the water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat, and set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs in a separate mixing bowl, and stir in the sugar, buttermilk, boiled butter mixture, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, and almond extract until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture, and stir until the batter is well mixed. Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Let the cake cool before icing.
- To make icing, place 1/2 cup of butter and the milk into a saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-low heat. Remove from the heat, and beat in the confectioners' sugar, chopped pecans, and vanilla extract. Ice the cooled cake with the warm frosting.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 328 cal
- 15.9 g
- 44.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"My family really enjoyed this cake! We all love Texas Sheet Cake, so I had to try this recipe to see what the "opposite" cake would be like. The batter is quite thin, but bakes to a moist, soft cake...." See more The frosting went well with the cake---work quickly, because it firms in a short time. I lightly toasted the pecans before adding them to the frosting. The cake itself is a near-match for a tea cake recipe I've been searching for, so I will also use this recipe for it and substitute a glaze for the frosting. I will definitely make Alaska Sheet Cake again---thanks, Kim!"
"The original recipe that I submitted actually called for almond extract in both the cake and icing. It also has toasted almonds, not pecans, in the icing. Not sure why they changed it...." See more"
Texas Sheet Cake V
Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.