Deluxe Apple Pie Bake5 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“A totally untraditional but perhaps more delicious version of an apple pie.” - by ANGE17LICA
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch deep dish pie
- To Make Crust: In a large bowl, stir together 1 1/4 cup flour and salt. Cut in shortening until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water at a time to dough until it is moist enough to form into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, use hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough into a circle about 12 inches in diameter.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a 9 inch deep dish pie pan with a piece of aluminum foil; it should cover bottom and sides of pan. Lightly flour the foil. Press the dough into the pan.
- To Make Filling: In a large bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gently toss apples, raisins and walnuts with cinnamon mixture until coated. Fill the crust with the apple mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool.
- To Make Icing: In a small bowl, mix together confectioners' sugar, vanilla and milk. Drizzle over top of cooled pie.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 413 cal
- 13.8 g
- 71.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I used dried cherries instead of raisins, just because I had them on hand. Also added the 2 TB of lemon juice, as suggested by the other reviewers. The apple-cherry filling was very good, especially w..." See morehen warm from the oven, but we didn't care for the crust. Next time I'll use my usual pie crust."
"It was a succes, yesterday on my birthday. What I added to the applemix were two tablespoons of lemonjuice...." See more"
Topsy-Turvy Apple Pie
Crumb Apple Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.