Gordo's Good Venison34 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 30 min
“Most people think you have to take the 'wild' taste out of deer. But really you can keep that good 'game' flavor by using a variety of herbs and spices.” - by Gordon Coates
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Slice venison roast into thick 1 inch steaks.
- In a saucepan, combine water, chicken broth, olive oil, butter, garlic, and hot sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and stir in vinegar. Season with parsley, basil, rosemary, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring regularly. Allow to cool.
- Pour cooled sauce over venison steaks, and marinate in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours, turning regularly.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate. Take steaks out of marinade, reserve marinade.
- Grill steaks for 7 to 8 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Turn them regularly and make sure you don't over-cook. Mop steaks with reserved marinade while cooking.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 548 cal
- 40.4 g
- 1.6 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (34)Rate This Recipe
"Very good recipe- I liked it a lot. It did however erase ALL the gamey taste and that might be a problem for some. It still was delicious meat- just didn't really taste like deer anymore!..." See more"
"I'm soooo disappointed! Disappointed that I wasn't able to partake in this recipe! I did all the preparation so all my husband had to do was throw his chops on the grill when he got home. He raved a..." See morend said they were the best tasting vension chops I've ever made! My 3 yr old loved them too and so I guess I'm going to have to make them again when I can be around to have my fair share! Thanx!"
Grilled Venison Scape Sandwich
Just swipe to see more like this.