Pumpkin Dessert146 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is a nice change from pumpkin pie at your next holiday get together. Serve with whipped cream.” - by Bea
Original recipe yields 1 9x13 inch baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Set aside 1 cup of cake mix. Combine remaining cake mix with melted butter and 1 egg and mix until well blended; spread mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine pumpkin, brown sugar, milk, 3 eggs and pumpkin pie spice; mix well and pour this mixture over cake mix mixture in baking dish.
- In a small bowl with a pastry blender, or in a food processor, combine chilled butter and white sugar with reserved cake mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle chopped walnuts over all.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until top is golden.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 292 cal
- 14.1 g
- 39.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (146)Rate This Recipe
"Good recipe. I used the canned pumpkin that already has spices and sugar in it. I might add a bit more spice next time, but it was fine as is. This recipe was good out of the oven but tasted MUCH b..." See moreetter the next morning. If I were to make it again I would allow at least 12 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together."
"This recipe is amazing. My family loved it and I have some fussy eaters. I didn't have some of the ingredients to make an actual pumpkin pie so we opted for this one and I am so glad that I did. I ..." See morethink we all liked it better than pumpkin pie and it's so easy (my 3 year old helped make it)! Thanks so much for the great recipe! P.S. One change I did make was that I didn't have any pumpkin spice so I added A LOT of cinnamon probably about 2 Tbsp. if not more - I didn't measure, about 1 1/2 tsp. of ground all spice and about 1 1/2 tsp. of ground nutmeg "
"This is excellent! I halved the recipe, used a French vanilla cake mix (Mmmm) and cinnamon instead of pie spice and left out the nuts. Came out great, BUT---is even better the next day nuked in the ..." See moremicrowave for about 30 seconds. The top gets all gooey and moist and WOW, is it ever delicious...A must try! I'm taking THIS to Thanksgiving!!!"
Great Pumpkin Dessert
Praline Pumpkin Dessert
Just swipe to see more like this.