Nat's Shrimp and Veggie Stuffed Zucchini18 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“A light meal that can be served alone or as a side dish. Great for an overgrown zucchini.” - by kelnat
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Grease a baking sheet.
- Cut the zucchini in half the long way, and scoop out the seeds and pulp, leaving a thick shell of flesh. Brush both halves of the zucchini with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and place them, cut sides down, onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the zucchini are hot and beginning to release beads of moisture, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the zucchini from the oven.
- Reduce the oven heat to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat, and cook and stir the garlic and shallot until translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the shrimp, diced tomato, mushrooms, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, basil, and the cooked garlic and shallot into a bowl, and stir to mix. Season to taste with black pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Stuff the mixture into the zucchini halves, and sprinkle each zucchini with about 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the stuffed zucchini in the preheated oven until the cheese is browned and the filling is cooked through and hot, about 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 267 cal
- 17.4 g
- 13 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"The editors changed the first step to broiling, but I brush the zucchini with olive oil, garlic powder, and pepper, then Grill it face down until it sweats. It gives the zucchini itself a nice flavo..." See morer and the grill marks enhance appearance "
"This was a delicious combination of flavors. I was short on time, so I just chopped everything and sauteed it together--garlic and shallot first, then add zucchini and mushroom, and shrimp and tomatoe..." See mores last, then top with fresh basil and cheese. It came out slightly saucy this way--I bet it would be great tossed with pasta."
"Fabulous!! This was so delicious. Only minor changes... sprayed the zucchini with cooking spray rather than using olive oil, used small shrimp, and cut up a large portobello mushroom cap instead of us..." See moreing creminis. I also reserved the zucchini that I scooped out and sauteed that with the garlic, shrimp, etc. The basil, shrimp, tomatoes, and mushrooms are a perfect combination. So good. Thanks :)"
Mandy's Crab Stuffed Zucchini
Stuffed Zucchini Shells
Just swipe to see more like this.