Buffalo Cheesy Chicken Lasagna57 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“A fabulous lasagna that sounds a little weird at first. Try it, you'll love it. I came up with it by modifying a pasta cookbook recipe to suit my own tastes!” - by AUNTYM
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a lasagna pan.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, spaghetti sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, water, garlic powder, onion, bell pepper and mushrooms; mix well and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together the egg beat and ricotta cheese.
- Spread 1 cup of the chicken/spaghetti mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer with lasagna noodles, then another 1 1/2 cups of the chicken mixture. Spread 1/2 of the ricotta/egg mixture over all, then top with 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese. Add another layer of noodles, 1 1/2 cups chicken mixture, remaining ricotta mixture and remaining mozzarella. Top with one last layer of noodles and remaining chicken mixture.
- Cover pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 70 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and bake uncovered for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover and let stand for about 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 435 cal
- 15.4 g
- 40 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (57)Rate This Recipe
"I was really excited to try this one. With some minor adjustments this can be a fabulous recipe. I read several ratings first and agree with several of the suggestions: Using less water is a MUST. 3/4..." See more Cup is plenty. If you LOVE wings you need to use more hot sauce, otherwise it doesn't taste like buffalo wings. I used 6 Tbs and next time I'll use even more. I used "Frank's Red Hot" and since it's a vinegar based hot sauce, there's no need to use any cider vinegar. I also used 1 1/2 lbs of chicken and my husband feels that it still could use more, so next time I'll try 2 lbs. Other changes were minor: no peppers or mushrooms, whole wheat noodles, and gorgonzola instead of bleu cheese. Other ratings suggested using celery (a wing staple) and jalapenos - I'll definitely give both of these a try. I'm looking forward to trying this one again."
"This was really good, however, I made a few significant changes that I think really contributed to the recipe. I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned and added fresh parsley in the ricotta mixture...." See more Instead of four cups of spaghetti sauce I used 2 cups mixed with 2 cups of alfredo sauce. I used 1/4 hot sauce to give it way more of that buffalo wing taste. I also sprinkled the blue cheese on top of all the ricotta layers as well as the top."
"TREMENDOUS! I made it a few weeks ago and forgot to submit a review. My wife and I thought it was awesome. The only problem was the onion was too crunchy...so we picked them out as we ate. Next tim..." See moree I'll either not use an onion or I'll cook the onion beforehand to get it tender. Other than that...it was AWESOME. Great, creative recipe. I love lasagna...and I REALLY love Chicken wings...so this was perfect for me. Oh and I added a LOT more Hot sauce than recommended...but that's just me. I'm a hot sauce addict. I use "Frank's Red Hot" It's Hot...but not overpwhelming and lethal. It doesn't overpower the food. 2 tablespoons definetely wasn't enough. So if you like Hot sauce in general...I suggest adding more to this recipe. If not then just stick to the original formula."
Easy Lasagna II
Lemon Chicken Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.