Turkey Bake with Whole Wheat Pasta59 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“My husband and I LOVE pasta, but with our new diet and exercise plan, pasta is not our friend, so here's a way to make it a little easier for us to enjoy our faves!” - by Jessica
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat an oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Stir the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl; set aside on counter to allow to come to room temperature.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; cook the penne in the boiling water until cooked through yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- While the pasta cooks, place a skillet over medium heat. Crumble the turkey into the skillet; cook and stir until the turkey is completely browned. Drain and add to the pasta.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish; stir the rest of the spaghetti sauce into the pasta and turkey mixture. Spoon about half of the pasta mixture into the baking dish; top with the cheese mixture and spread into an even layer. Spread the remaining pasta mixture over the cheese layer. Cover with aluminum foil if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven until slightly brown on top, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 478 cal
- 15.5 g
- 49 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (59)Rate This Recipe
"Very good quick dish, but I did make a lot of changes. I added alot more garlic and next time will throw the garlic in the beef at the end of the saute time to cook it a little. I also added a bit of ..." See morecrushed red pepper flake to the cheese mixture and meat. After the meat was cooked I sauted some veggies too and threw those is. I used onion, red and yellow pepper and zuchini. I also used a little more sauce and added some basil and oregano. Very tasty and we will have leftovers for a week! Which I love. "
"Yum, yum, yummy. My family loved it. All three kids had second helpings, which is highly rare. I made a small change because I hate when people completely change a recipie and then rate it. I adde..." See mored some italian herb season to the turkey as I cooked it. Only becuase I'm not a fan of plain ground turkey. Everything else the same and it was so good. The only problem I had is that it did not heat through enough. Next time I will crank the heat up to 350 and cook for 35-40 minutes. Also, definitely cover with foil. Ours was a little dry on top."
Whole Wheat Pasta with Smoked Clams and Fiddleheads
Whole Wheat Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.