Asparagus Quiche296 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A delectable combination of ingredients that result in a tasty quiche dish.” - by Michele O'Sullivan
Original recipe yields 2 - 8 inch quiche
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place asparagus in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Brush pie shells with beaten egg white. Sprinkle crumbled bacon and chopped asparagus into pie shells.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Sprinkle Swiss cheese over bacon and asparagus. Pour egg mixture on top of cheese.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven until firm, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 334 cal
- 26.3 g
- 12.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (296)Rate This Recipe
"Since I love the taste of roasted vegatables, I roasted the asparagus, along with some red onion and garlic, before adding to the egg mixture. Really gave a great recipe an extra depth of flavor...." See more"
"Do you have 8" pie plates? Me neither. So I made the recipe in one regular-sized pyrex pie plate and it was good. One of the problems with the recipe is that it doesn't give an exact amount of aspa..." See moreragus - it says "1 lb, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces." I ended up with a little too much asparagus because I read it to mean one pound of asparagus AFTER it had been trimmed - so the quiche came out a little too "moist". But it was good and I'm just going to use less asparagus next time. This amount worked just fine for one quiche in a regular pie plate. Took about the same amount of time to cook, too."
Just swipe to see more like this.