Grilled Pizza47 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 8 min
- Ready In: 28 min
“Pizza dough made from scratch is topped with mozzarella cheese, sauce, and your choice of savory toppings, then grilled to perfection for a fun outdoor treat.” - by Fleischmann's® Yeast
Original recipe yields 8 pizzas
- Start charcoal fire or preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic but not sticky, about 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 portions. Pat or roll dough on a well-floured counter to about 8-inch circles; they do not need to be perfect.
- Brush both sides of crust with additional oil. Using hands, lift each crust carefully and place on grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until bottom is lightly browned and top looks set. Using long handled tongs, remove crust from grill, grilled side up, to a platter or baking sheet.
- Lightly add sauce and top the grilled side of each pizza crust. Excess sauce or toppings makes the pizza hard to handle. Repeat with remaining pizzas.
- Carefully slide each pizza onto the grill. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes until bottom of crust is browned and cheese is melted. Remove from grill and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 310 cal
- 10.8 g
- 45.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (47)Rate This Recipe
"Dang! This is great! Don't shy from this one. I didn't want to mess around when company was here, so I did the crusts ahead of time. I did NOT use high heat - kind of mediumish. About 15 minutes befor..." See moree dinner time, I put the crusts back on the grill, brownest side down for a couple of minutes, flipped 'em, and dressed them, closed the lid. Let 'em cook till cheese melted. Since a large crust would not manage easily (flipping, etc.), I made four small pizzas, about 10-12 inches out of a bread machine recipe that used 4 !/2 cups flour. That allowed me to make four different kinds of pizza (regular; meat lovers; vegetarian; and best of all, salsa, jalepeno, black olives, cheese). Cut them in 6 or 8 pieces so folks can try them all. Next on my list - Reuben pizza - recipe on this site. And dessert pizza. Don't be afraid of the grill. I even bake cakes, homemade mac and cheese, etc. on the grill (place long cooks and fragile stuff on pizza stone to break the direct heat). Maybe the best part of the grill is the cleanup (no dishes!)"
"This is AWESOME! I never heard of putting pizza dough on the grill. I even used package pizza crust and it still tasted delicious. The crust did not stick like I expected it to and the grill gave it a..." See more great flavor! We will probably be making this in my house weekly throughout the summer!"
"Made for a change of pace to our typical "grill" faire and this was a HIT! Had various toppings set up (added fresh asiago, roasted red peppers, sausage, smoked chicken, artichokes, sun-dried pesto, ..." See moreetc...) and let everyone top their own. My whole family raved about the crust and had fun making their own designer pizzas. This one is a keeper!!!"
Master Pizza Dough
1-Dish Chicken Parmesan
Just swipe to see more like this.