Flan II90 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“The best dessert ever invented!!” - by Bobby Kleinveld
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup sugar until golden. Carefully pour hot sugar evenly into four oven-proof ramekins or custard cups, tilting cups to coat bottoms evenly.
- In another saucepan, bring milk just to boiling over medium heat. Stir hot milk, a little at a time, into beaten eggs and egg yolks, until well combined. Stir in sugar. Pour milk mixture evenly into ramekins.
- Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place ramekins on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes, until set. Let cool, invert and serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 292 cal
- 7.1 g
- 49.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (90)Rate This Recipe
"I don't understand the poor ratings that this recipe has been given! This flan is great. It's definitely not the over-dense, over-syrupy-sweet American flan, this is real, fabulous flan. It's sweet..." See more without being overpowering, and holds together tightly without being dense. It's light and beautiful when it's done! Definitely party-worthy. I did make some changes: (1)Doubled the recipe and used 8 eggs (didn't differentiate between whites and whole eggs). (2) Added 2 t. of vanilla. (3) Put it in two large ceramic dishes. (4) Added 1 c. of heavy cream (1/2 c., if you didn't double the recipe). It turned out absolutely marvelous! I'll definitely be making it again."
"So easy and so perfect! I wanted to make flan to go with a Mexican dinner, but didn't have condensed or evaporated milk, (which most of the flan recipes call for). I followed the recipe (adding NO v..." See moreanilla) and both my husband and I thought the caramel flavoring was all it needed. I had no problem melting the sugar. Just remember to use only medium heat so it doesn't cook too fast. Thanks for a great, simple flan recipe!"
Creamy Caramel Flan
Just swipe to see more like this.