Scallops with Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce9 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“I've looked and looked for a recipe for scallops that was tasty yet elegant. I searched through 30 recipes and out of those I got ideas and came up with this.” - by Mitzi
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spoon 3 tablespoons olive oil over the cut sides of the garlic head; wrap tightly in aluminum foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the garlic is soft, about 30 minutes; set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into a saucepan; pour the chicken stock into the saucepan and use a fork to mash the garlic into the stock. Cook the stock over high heat until the liquid is reduced in volume by half, about 10 minutes. Stir the cream into the stock and remove from heat; set aside.
- Melt the butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the scallops with salt and pepper; sear in the hot butter and oil mixture until opaque, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat immediately.
- Stir the lemon juice into the cream sauce; spoon immediately onto 2 plates. Arrange the scallops on the plates. Garnish with the parsley to serve.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 693 cal
- 56.3 g
- 17.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"I do apologize for the recipe being runny. I am going to try to edit it if they'll let me because I forgot to add in the directions that if the sauce turns out runny, add about a Tbs of cornstarch in ..." See moreabout 4 oz of milk or cream and stir until completely dissolved and add the cream mixture on stove. Bring to a boil and immediately turn heat on low or off. sauce will thicken after a minute or so. Thank you all for your reviews. :-)"
"Nice recipe but 3 minutes per side for scallops is way too long! Scallops will cook in half that time or less. ..." See more"
"This was a very good sauce! I made a vegetarian version of it, using veg stock...substituted fresh basil for parsley, and added a little parmesan to thicken it (since I only had milk). I whisked in a..." See more tbsn of butter at the end to finish the sauce and served it over artichoke ravioli...complete with sauteed asparagus and artichokes! Seriously, by far the best way I've ever roasted garlic...turned out perfect! Thank you for the recipe. :)"
Filet Mignon with Garlic Shrimp Cream Sauce
Roasted Garlic Peppercorn Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.