Legume My Shepherd's Pie2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 8 hr 50 min
“We always have a hard time incorporating legumes into our meals. By altering an old-time favorite, I came up with a legume-rich and delicious dish. It was a huge hit with the family.” - by Jana
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place the lima beans into a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours to overnight. Drain and rinse.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Drain the soaked lima beans and cook according to package directions.
- Blend the cooked lima beans and milk together in a blender until smooth; season with salt. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the onion in the hot oil until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken and cook until completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes more. Stir the zucchini, tomato, cumin, and cayenne pepper into the chicken; cook until the vegetables are slightly tender, about 7 minutes more. Spread the mixture into the bottom of an 11x7-inch baking dish; pour the lima bean mixture over the chicken and vegetables in a single, smooth layer. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is browned and crisp, about 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 707 cal
- 17.7 g
- 78.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is very good, however the Lima Beans are bland and Mozzarella cheese is too. We really enjoyed the chicken layer. The next time I make it I will try and stronger tasting cheese. If any..." See moreone has come up with a better idea I'd love to hear it too. I'm suprised at the number of Calories listed in this recipe."
Traditional Style Vegan Shepherd's Pie
Steff's Shepherd Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.