Cocktail Birthday Cake7 Reviews
- Prep: 5 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 5 hr 20 min
“Two types of bread, ham and salami are layered with a mustard butter and frosted with cream cheese, curry powder and almonds to create a fun, delicious "cake" that is cut up into little pieces and served cold. The curry powder may be omitted.” - by SEBRING SOCKS
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- In a small bowl, mix the butter and mustard.
- Remove crusts from the bread slices. On a small cookie sheet, arrange 4 rye slices to form a square. Spread slices with a layer of mustard butter. Top with 4 slices of boiled ham. Top the boiled ham with four slices of white bread arranged in a square. Spread with mustard butter. Top with 4 slices of cooked ham. Top the cooked ham with four slices of rye bread arranged in a square. Spread with mustard butter. Top with 4 slices of salami. Repeat until 8 alternating layers have been created. Trim overhanging meat.
- Place a small cookie sheet on top of the layers. Weigh down the cookie sheet with a bowl so as to lightly flatten the layers into a thinner, square cake. Continue flattening and refrigerate a minimum of 5 hours.
- Frost the chilled cake on all sides with cream cheese and curry powder. Decorate with almonds. Refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, cut into quarters, then six cubes per quarter resulting in 24 pieces.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 334 cal
- 23.7 g
- 20.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Sorry but I can only give this 3 stars. I really wanted to give it more but this was not a hit at all last night at my party. I had 11 adults here and only 3 said they liked it. The problem was the cu..." See morerry powder. I even used less than half the amount of curry the recipe called for. Curry is just one of those ingredients where just just never know who will like it and who wont. I would suggest if you make this to leave out the curry."
"I made this for a friend whos' diabetic, but happens to LOVE ham sandwiches! It was fun to make- I used mustard to write "Happy Birthday". People were a bit wary of it at first, but it ended up being ..." See morepretty well recieved. There was a bit too much of the butter- be sure to spread it as thinly as possible. And next time, I'll spice up the cream cheese a bit. Will keep this one!"
"The first time I made this I followed the directions to a "T". The second time, I modified it to reflect my family's taste and it was a huge hit. I added swiss cheese to the ham layer and provolone to..." See more the salami layer. Then, since we don't like curry, I mixed a 50/50 ration of goat cheese and cream cheese with a little garlic powder and onion flakes for the icing. It was awesome@!"
Cream Cheese Pound Cake II
Large White Birthday Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.