Twice Baked Potatoes202 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This is great as a side dish or as an appetizer. Melted cheese and crumbled bacon are the highlights of the flavorful, creamy filling.” - by Jamie
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Use a fork to pierce the potato skins.
- Bake the potatoes unwrapped for about 1 hour, or until soft, in the preheated oven.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Over medium-low heat melt the butter in a large saucepan. Combine onion, mushrooms, red pepper, garlic powder, pepper, chives and salt. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the onions are soft.
- Slice open the baked potatoes and, keeping the skins intact, scoop the insides into a medium bowl. Transfer the onion mixture to the bowl. Mix in the sour cream. Pour in 1/2 of the cheese and continue mixing until all ingredients are well blended.
- Using a large spoon, fill the potato skins with the mixture. Top with bread crumbs, the remaining cheese and bacon.
- Return the potatoes to the preheated oven and continue baking for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the filling is slightly brown.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 859 cal
- 50.3 g
- 73.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (202)Rate This Recipe
"These are hands down the best stuffed potatoes ever. I leave out the bread crumbs, but otherwise follow the recipe. I made them for Christmas Eve and they were a huge hit. Now I make them about once a..." See more week."
"Very good! I do recommend to cut back on the onion! I LOVE onions and I had doubled the recipe to make 8 potato's and halfed the onion's because it seemed like a lot to me and it was still very pote..." See morent. Very good though! Thanks for the recipe! I will make this again!"
"A great alternative to the usual baked potato. It takes a little more time, but is so good! I used reduced fat sour cream, 2% cheddar cheese and less butter and it was still delicious! I would reco..." See moremend mashing the potatoes when all of the ingrediants get into the bowl to make a more creamier mixture. I will definately make this again! Thanks!"
Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes
Twice Baked Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.