Veal Oscar9 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Sauteed veal medallions with crab and asparagus, topped with a cheese sauce. You can use a combination of cheeses instead of just cheddar, or even a store bought cheese sauce to save time.” - by Bobbi
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- To Make Cheese Sauce: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in milk, and cook just until bubbles begin to form at the edges. Whisk in the shredded cheese until fully melted and smooth. Remove from heat, cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Pound the veal thinly using a mallet or the side of a moistened cleaver. Dredge cutlets in flour, shaking off the excess. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook cutlets in butter, 1 to 2 minutes a side, until browned. Set aside and keep warm.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Trim asparagus, and blanch by dropping in boiling water for 2 minutes, until bright green.
- Heat the cooked crabmeat in the microwave or by steaming over the asparagus water.
- To Assemble: Plate the veal; top with crabmeat; criss-cross the asparagus over the top; and drizzle cheese sauce over all. Serve extra sauce on the side.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 958 cal
- 57 g
- 39 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious, however, I substituted hollindaise sauce for the cheese sauce...." See more"
"This was wonderful. It was my first time for Veal. I did place it in the oven after I put it together for 8-10 min...." See more"
"This was very good. I had never had veal like this before, but it was surprisingly easy to put together. There were a TON of dishes to clean up though, with separate pans for the cheese, veal, asparag..." See moreus and (i had a side of rice). The cheese solidified, no matter what we did, but it was still good. Instead of a veal cutlet, i deboned a veal chop--which meant that the cooking time was more like 4 minutes per side."
Baked Veal Milanese
Just swipe to see more like this.