Asparagus and Crab Salad8 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“This is a tasty side dish that can be served as a vegetable or a salad. It's perfect for family gatherings.” - by Diane H
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat an oven to 430 degrees F (225 degrees C).
- Toss the asparagus, tomatoes, and olive oil together in a bowl until the vegetables are evenly coated; season with salt and pepper. Pour into a baking dish; sprinkle 1 minced clove of garlic over the mixture.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender, about 9 minutes. Set aside to cool. Cut the asparagus into 2 inch pieces.
- Cook the bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings in the skillet. Add the crabmeat to the hot bacon drippings and cook until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl; add the asparagus, tomatoes, and hearts of palm.
- Whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, and 1 minced clove garlic together in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle the bacon over the salad just before serving.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 173 cal
- 10.3 g
- 12.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"very light and refreshing - used real crab meat and marinated artichokes instead of palm - forgot the bacon and did not miss it..." See more"
"Delicious! I ate the whole thing myself (tasted fine leftover) but can't wait to make this dish for family and friends! The only changes I made, mainly out of necessity and laziness, were using chopp..." See moreed vine-ripened tomatoes, garlic powder, and thick cut pre-cooked bacon. I also cut the asparagus into bite size pieces BEFORE roasting and crumbled the bacon AFTER cooking."
"This is a very good recipe. Definately put the tomatos in the oven with the asparagus. I tried putting it without and the tomatos were very hard and it did not compliment the salad. My husband LOVED t..." See morehis dish. I cut the asparagus before putting it in the oven which was a lot easier!"
Fresh Asparagus, Tomato, and Feta Salad
Roasted Eggplant and Asparagus Pasta Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.