- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Delicate and mouth-watering Swedish cookies. Great for holidays or anytime. Vanilla sugar and potato flour are available at a good German or Scandinavian deli.” - by LindaT
Original recipe yields 3 dozen cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and confectioners' sugar together in a bowl until smooth and creamy; beat in the vanilla sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour with potato flour.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture, about 1/4 cup at a time, until all the flour is mixed in.
- Stir in the food coloring until the dough is evenly colored.
- Place the dough into a cookie press fitted with a decorative tip.
- Press out 1 1/2-inch cookies onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven until the bottoms are just lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to finish cooling on wire racks.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 75 cal
- 5.2 g
- 6.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This is my recipe. The dough can sometimes be testy so if it get too soft, pop it in the fridge for a few minutes but don't leave it in too long. Too long and you won't be able to get it pressed!..." See more"
Danish Oatmeal Cookies
Cookie Press Shortbread
Just swipe to see more like this.