Egg and Olive Crostini3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Take those leftover hard boiled eggs and turn them into this tasty appetizer. The kids will really like these thick pieces of bread covered with a zesty egg and olive mixture.” - by Roxanne E Chan
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly blend cream cheese, lemon juice, prepared Dijon-style mustard and ground black pepper. Stir in chopped eggs, olives and chives.
- Cut each bread slice into 4 triangles. Lay triangles flat and create a shallow hollow on the face of each. Brush with olive oil and fill with mixture from the bowl.
- Arrange slices on baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes, or until bread is lightly toasted. Garnish with paprika before serving.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 55 cal
- 4.8 g
- 0.5 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Used these with a pasta dinner. very good...." See more"
"Interesting, but why not make the traditional grilled-egg-and-olive sandwich? Use your favorite egg salad recipe, add sliced green olives, make the sandwich, and grill like a grilled cheese. Voila. Ea..." See moresy, tasty, a kid pleaser, real comfort food."
Creamy Cajun Deviled Eggs
Artichoke Heart and Chopped Olive Crostini
Just swipe to see more like this.