Cinnamon Rolls I278 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“Cinnamon rolls that you make the night before and bake the next morning. The recipe is my sister's, who is a Home Economics teacher.” - by Sharon
Original recipe yields 1 - 8x8 inch pan
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture with the sugar, salt, egg and 1 cup flour; stir well to combine. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well with each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Cover with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Lightly grease an 8x8 inch square baking pan. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thick rectangle. Smear the dough with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. Roll up the dough along the long edge until it forms a roll. Slice the roll into 16 equal size pieces and place them in the pan with the cut side up.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or cover and let rise at room temperature until doubled in volume, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake rolls until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 185 cal
- 4.8 g
- 31.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (278)Rate This Recipe
"I have made these and think their great however they are not for the person who wants a "Cinnabon" roll not enough butter and cinnamon sugar but thats why I like them. Also to avoid getting squished c..." See moreinnamon rolls from trying to cut them if you use dental floss ( by placing floss under roll and crossing it over the top) you will get perfectly shaped rolls every time."
"I almost passed this recipe up because I read that it is made the night before. I didn't like the ingredients in the other recipies (boxed cake mixes, etc) so I came back to this one. I made them y..." See moreesterday and am making them now as I write this. I didn't store them, I made them the same day. I let the dough rise til doubled and then punched it down and rolled it out. I then let it rest and rolled it out again before continuing. The bread is tender. My old recipe came out as hard and that's why I was searching for a new recipe. This is it. I have no need to look for another cinnamon roll recipe. I did have to use a larger then 8 X 8 pan. Thanks Sharon for this recipe."
"Best cinnamon roll recipe I've found so far. I doubled the recipe and added 1/4 cup melted crisco. I also made the filling x 4. I like it gooey. Frost with: Cream together 8 oz. cream cheese, stic..." See morek butter, 1 tsp. vanilla, powdered sugar to desired sweetness and milk to desired consistancey. Frost hot. mmmm! Good job Sharon!"
Cinnamon Rolls I
Overnight Cinnamon Rolls I
Just swipe to see more like this.