Ice Cream Cake68 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 3 hr
“This is a basic recipe for ice cream cake. You can use any flavor of ice cream or cake mix you like! Frost with frosting or fudge topping or thinned ice milk or anything!” - by winnie the pooh
Original recipe yields 18 servings
- Prepare cake according to package directions; bake in a 9x13 inch baking dish and cool completely.
- Use ice cream that comes in a rectangular carton. Remove the carton and, using a piece of string or dental floss, cut the ice cream in half lengthwise (long side to long side) and place the two layers side by side on a piece of waxed paper.
- Place the cooled cake over the ice cream. Trim the cake and ice cream so that the edges match.
- Place a board or serving platter over the cake, hold onto the waxed paper and board, and flip the ice cream cake over. Remove the waxed paper and smooth out the seam between the ice cream slabs.
- Cover with waxed paper and freeze until very firm. Decorate as desired.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 250 cal
- 10.9 g
- 37.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (68)Rate This Recipe
"I was a cake decorator for Baskin Robbins and this is exactly how they did it! The only thing I would add is a great frosting that is really yummy is plain old vanilla Ice cream. Freeze the cake ove..." See morernight in your freezer and then take a quart of vanilla ice cream - mix it up in your mixer until it is a smooth frosting consistency and then frost your cake - put it back in the freezer for 4 hours or until frozen again and then decorate! You can even go to Baskin Robbins and ask to purchase a quart of their vanilla frosting ice cream - it is completely white with no yellow in it. HTH."
"This is not as easy as it sounds. I tried to make this for a birthday party and did everything it said, it made a terrible mess. I suggest bake the cake the day before let it cool and wrap in plastic ..." See morewrap and freeze over night. Also cut the ice cream in half the day before to ensure it's frozen when it's time to put the cake together. Next time I'll be more prepared."
"I made this Saturday to have for desert with Sunday Dinner. With the container of ice cream I had, dividing it in half was going to waste alot more cake than I wanted to. So I split the ice cream into..." See more 3rds. It made a pretty good fit to a 13x9. I made a Milk Chocolate cake with Vanilla ice cream. Instead of frosting, I used "Magic Shell" in a kind of checkerboard design and sprinkled a few chopped pecan pieces on top. It looked wonderful and was sooo very easy. Everyone raved. Thanks for posting Monica."
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake
Brownie Ice Cream Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.