Candied Yam Cupcakes4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“A great use for all those leftover yams you'll have this season!” - by MarinaHoliday
Original recipe yields 24 cupcakes
- Place a steamer insert into a large saucepan, and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover, and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the yams, recover, and steam until very tender, about 15 minutes. Remove yams from steamer and allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2-12 cup cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Place eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla extract, and cooked yams in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir dry ingredients into yam mixture, mixing just until combined. Pour batter into paper liners, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes. Cool in pans for 5 minutes, transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat together cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract and confectioners sugar; mix until smooth. Frost cool cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 276 cal
- 15.4 g
- 32.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Oh these are really good! I did use apple sauce for the oil. I didn't realize I had used the last of my oil when I made brownies. But I loved it with the apple sauce so I'll probably do that from now ..." See moreon. I used Cream Cheese Frosting II on this site for the frosting because its one of my faves. Thanks for the recipe I will be making these again."
"OMG! Brought a dozen to work and they disappeared FAST! This will definately go in the keeper box...." See more"
Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes
Real Strawberry Cupcakes
Just swipe to see more like this.