Mini Corncakes with Basil, Avocado Spread and Smoked Salmon11 Reviews
“Corn is typically Chilean, as are avocados and salmon. This recipe puts all three together in an elegant appetizer that can headline any event.” - by Chileanavocados.org
Original recipe yields 16 cakes
- Corncakes: In blender, puree the corn and milk until kernels are coarsely ground, about 30 seconds. Add egg, butter and basil and blend just a second or two, to beat the egg.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the corn/egg mixture until moistened. Add a little more milk, if necessary, until batter drops easily off a spoon.
- Spray or lightly oil a non-stick skillet or griddle and heat over medium-high heat. Drop the batter by rounded teaspoonsful into hot skillet and cook until browned on bottom, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and brown on second side, another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Avocado Spread: Rinse, halve and seed the avocado. Scoop avocado into shallow bowl. Mash coarsely with fork. Add pepper, lime juice, cilantro, chives and salt and mix.
- Spread each corn cake with a tablespoon of avocado spread. Top with smoked salmon, garnish with chives and cilantro and serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 197 cal
- 12.5 g
- 16.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for an appetizer tonight with our meal. It was so tasty. I thought the corncakes were going to be a bit crisper, but they were very moist and delicious. When eating it's important to ge..." See moret that 'perfect' bite of salmon, cake and avocado. I only had to use one avocado and every thing else stayed the same for ingredients. I kept all the ingredients pretty much the same with the addition of a bit more milk in mixing the corn in step one. Oh i had thought about adding in some sugar since that's how I take my cornbread usually, but I'm glad I didn't. Recipe is perfect as is! Thanks!"
"Wow, these were delicious! I served them with a variety of toppings, and they were a huge hit! I found two minutes per side was perfect...." See more"
Just swipe to see more like this.