German Lasagna82 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Lasagna casserole in a white sauce with sausage and sauerkraut.” - by Don Schaublin
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch lasagna
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a blender or with an electric mixer, blend mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup and milk until smooth. Cut sausage in half lengthwise and slice thinly.
- In a 9x13 inch dish, layer 1 cup soup mixture, 3 noodles, half the sauerkraut, half the sausage and a third of the cheese. Repeat. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining soup mixture. Cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven 25 minutes, then uncover and bake 15 minutes more. Sprinkle with remaining cheese when still hot.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 303 cal
- 17.6 g
- 22.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (82)Rate This Recipe
"This was the perfect comfort food! I sauteed the sauerkraut with onions and a small amount of caraway seeds. I used penne pasta instead of lasagna noodles. I was surprised that the canned soup tast..." See moree wasn't so "canned" tasting. I layered in one layer of swiss cheese and one layer of mozzarella. The swiss cheese gave it a nice bite. I also added the dijon mustard to the soup mixture as suggested by another reviewer. I will make this again. It makes a lot, so I'll be eating it for lunch all week! That's not a bad thing, I just hope I don't eat it all by myself."
"I make a recipe similar to this but use Swiss cheese to go with an almost ruben flavor. My family loves it! We call it ruben lasagna. Drain the kraut well and enjoy! you can use 1/2 lb of sausage and ..." See more1 can of soup and make a smaller pan-ful pretty easily. [I usually use lite sausage and soup to cut down on some fat]"
"I was brought up eating lots of German food and altho it's not my thing, it is my Scottish hubby's love. I started by soaking regular lasagna noodles in a large pan filled with hot water to make them ..." See morepliable enough to build the dish. I simmered the sauerkraut with onion, a little brown sugar and caraway seeds and boiled the kielbasa to remove some of the salt. Instead of the soups, I chose to make a white sauce which worked out fine. This morning Rachel Ray made a "mile high" lasagna using a loaf pan lined with foil so I followed her lead and did the same thing. Once out of the oven, I let it sit for a good 45 minutes to allow it to set up. It cut beautifully and my hubs thought this was absolutely terrific. Thanks so much Don!"
Deep Dish Lasagna
Restaurant Style Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.