Fresh Berry Coffeecake22 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“You can use either fresh raspberries or fresh blackberries for this tender and delicious coffee cake. I prefer to toast my pecans in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes to really bring out their flavor.” - by MECHELLE
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 10 inch Bundt cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together raspberries and brown sugar; set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together flour sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a third bowl, cream together sour cream, butter and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in flour mixture just until moist.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of berries and 1 cup pecans in pan, pour in half of the batter. Pour on the remaining berries and remaining cup of pecans. Spread the remaining batter over the berries.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean. While cake bakes, mix the frosting. In a small bowl, stir together 2 teaspoons milk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar. Remove cake from pan and let cool 20 minutes before frosting.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 390 cal
- 22.1 g
- 44.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (22)Rate This Recipe
"This is a yummy breakfast! It does take a while to cook, but the wait is worth it...." See more"
"This recipe was a huge success with my friends! I don't have much luck with coffeecake/muffin recipes, but this one came out great! The batter is a bit thick - it doesn't 'pour' - but I didn't have ..." See moreany problems spreading it over the berries. I agree with another member that halfed the amount of pecans....that was plenty. I added a few drops of fresh lemon juice to the icing - it was great!"
Perfect Berry Shortcakes
Very Berry Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.