Big John's BBQ Ribs and Dry Spice Rub17 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 3 hr
- Ready In: 7 hr 20 min
“This is an awesome barbequed rib recipe. You can double or triple the amounts to serve a large group.” - by BigJohn
Original recipe yields 1 - 2 pound rib roast
- In a small bowl or jar, mix together chile powder, dried minced garlic, onion powder, cumin, salt and seasoning salt.
- Place rib roast on a medium baking sheet. Rub vigorously with 1/2 the chile powder mixture. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together 1/2 the chile powder mixture, tomato sauce, brown sugar, tomato, Worcestershire sauce, dried onion flakes, soy sauce and water. Cook 3 to 5 hours, stirring occasionally, over low heat.
- Prepare an outdoor grill for indirect heat. Lightly oil grate.
- Cook ribs covered on the prepared grill 3 to 5 hours, or to desired doneness. Brush with the sauce mixture from the medium saucepan during the last minutes of cooking. Serve with remaining sauce mixture.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 509 cal
- 22.7 g
- 51.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe SUCKED! I made it for the people at my work and when I had finished cooking, they were so nasty that I had to stop by Ralph's the next morning to buy some of their already made ribs to ta..." See moreke into work."
"I have never had ribs better than these. Not even in a restaurant! They were tender, juicy and very flavorful. Believe me, they are well worth the time to make them. My family inhaled them!..." See more"
Korean BBQ Short Ribs (Gal-Bi)
Korean Beef Ribs
Just swipe to see more like this.