Stromboli Bites14 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 12 hr
“This appetizer has a lot of ingredients, but it's easy to make and is a meat lover's dream come true! Italian meats and spices are baked together inside a loaf of bread, then cut into bit-sized pieces.” - by MKM
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Allow frozen bread dough to thaw approximately 8 hours, or overnight, in the refrigerator. Place dough in a large, lightly greased bowl. Place bowl in a warm location, and allow dough to rise until doubled (2 to 3 hours). Punch down dough.
- Place Italian sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Roll dough into an approximately 10x14 inch rectangle on the baking sheet. Spread with yellow mustard and prepared Dijon-style mustard. Line center with cooked Italian sausage, ham, pepperoni sausage, salami, provolone cheese and American cheese. Sprinkle with oregano and basil.
- Fold edges of dough over the fillings and pinch together. Tuck and pinch ends. Sprinkle with cornmeal, and flip so the seam side is down.
- Bake in the preheated oven 45 minutes, or until a deep golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before cutting into bite-sized slices.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 569 cal
- 44 g
- 8.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"I have several variations of the stromboli recipes from this site. For time purposes, I let my dough thaw on the counter wrapped in saran wrap sprayed with pam. I do NOT use the cooked ground sausag..." See moree in this, it makes it way to greasy. For easy clean-up of the flour I wet the counter with a damp cloth and lay 2 pieces of saran wrap onto it. Add a small amount of flour on plastic and roll dough. Then just pull up the plastic with no flour mess on the counter! For a quicker baking time I cook at a higher temperature, 375 for 15-18 minutes. Served with Pizza Sauce I as a dipping sauce. This is a regular Friday night "pizza" at our house (even my kids can make it)! It cost less than a pizza chain's pizza!"
"We thought this was quite good, and a nice change of pace. I might not use both salami and pepperoni; it seemed a little salty. Next time, I might try a little sliced pepperocini peppers or mushrooms..." See more or onions to make it a little less meaty. My husband really liked this!"
Super Bowl Bites
Just swipe to see more like this.