Ghirardelli® Ultimate Double Chocolate Cookies16 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 12 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“These slice and bake cookies use two kinds of Ghirardelli chocolate chips, and are sure to satisfy any chocolate craving.” - by Ghirardelli®
Original recipe yields 24 cookies
- Melt the bittersweet chocolate chips and butter in the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until thick; stir in the chocolate mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder; stir into the chocolate mixture. Gently mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Using a sheet of plastic wrap, form the dough into two logs, each 2 inches in diameter and about 8 inches long. Because the dough will be quite soft, use the plastic wrap to hold the dough in the log shape. Wrap tightly; refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the dough. With a sharp knife, cut the dough into 3/4-inch slices. Place the slices 1 1/2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until a shiny crust forms on top of the cookies but the interior is still soft. Let cool on the cookie sheet. Then remove from the cookie sheet with a metal spatula.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 243 cal
- 16.3 g
- 27 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"I made this cookie as directed and it is yummy, however I had a hard time making it into a round log. It was very runny before it went into the freezer, I think next time I will put the entire batter..." See more into the fridge for a few minutes before rolling it onto Saran Wrap. I stored them in an airtight container with a slice of bread and they were just as yummy if not better the next day."
"These were pretty good- not the best I've ever had though. Dough was pretty easy to make, I melted the chips using the microwave. Hardest part was rolling it into a log. If I were to make this again..." See more I would probably just roll them into balls. I reduced the sugar to a little more than 3/4 cup and left out the walnuts."
Ghirardelli(R) Dark Chocolate Truffles
Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.