Ghirardelli® Brownie Pecan Parfait7 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This impressive make-ahead dessert layers homemade brownie bites with caramel sauce, pecans, and a sweet parfait cream.” - by Ghirardelli®
Original recipe yields 8 parfaits
- To make the brownies, spray an 8-inch square pan with nonstick spray and coat with flour. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the chocolate and the butter together over a double boiler. Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk the sugar and egg together in a bowl. Stir the chocolate and butter into the sugar mixture. Stir in the flour. Spread in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool, remove from the pan and cut into 1/2 inch squares.
- To make the parfait, whisk together the egg yolks and the sugars. Whisk in the evaporated milk and then the cornstarch. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, with a heat resistant rubber spatula, until thick, about 5 minutes. (If the mixture gets lumpy at anytime during the cooking process, briefly switch to a whisk and whisk until smooth.) Place the mixture in a clean bowl and place plastic wrap directly on the surface. Refrigerate until cold.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Fold the cream into the cooled mixture.
- To assemble the parfaits, in the bottom of martini, wine or any clear glass with approximately a 3/4 cup capacity, put about 4 pieces of brownies, about 2 teaspoons caramel sauce, and 2 teaspoons pecans. Top with about 3 tablespoons parfait mixture. Repeat layering with 2 more layers of brownies, caramel sauce and pecans and 1 more layer of parfait, ending with a layer of the brownies, pecans and caramel.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 790 cal
- 50 g
- 87 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Chocolate, caramel, nuts, and whip cream!! What more could you ask for? This recipe was AMAZING! It's definitely a make ahead - it takes a while to put it all together - but it is definitely worth i..." See moret in the end! I doubled the recipe, and when I put the brownie in the pan, it looked very thin, so I ended up putting both recipes in one 8 inch pan. This made it take a considerable longer amount of cooking time (about half an hour more), but they came out perfect! Chewy on the inside, a little crunch on the edge - simply amazing! There was WAY too much "parfait cream" (but we only did two layers). Definitely enough to do another batch. The longer you let it sit in the fridge, the better it gets. I will definitely be making this again. :D"
"YUM!!! I made as directed - the brownies were a little thin, but were perfect for a parfait. The parfait was unbelievable. This is a great make ahead recipe for when you want to impress:)) Only down s..." See moreide was I couldn't figure out where the vanilla was supposed to go. It is in the ingredient list but not in the directions.. I put mine in the whip cream because the parfait was already in the refrig by the time I realized it wasn't in the directions. No left overs here. Will be making again."
Ghirardelli(R) Dark Chocolate Truffles
Lemon Kissed Brownie Bites
Just swipe to see more like this.