Ham and Braunschweiger Pate3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 30 min
“Here's a spread that is always a tremendous hit at parties. The flavors of the braunschweiger and spreadable ham are the main attractions in this topping for breads and crackers. The chilled mold may be frosted with softened cream cheese, then sprinkled with parsley for added attractiveness.” - by GRAMMYROSE
Original recipe yields 4 cups
- In a medium bowl, blend the braunschweiger liverwurst, ham spread, dry mustard, pepper, thyme, hot sauce and beer.
- In small bowl, soften the gelatin in the water.
- Bring the beef broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Mix in the gelatin, allowing it to dissolve. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Blend the gelatinized beef broth with the braunschweiger liverwurst mixture. Transfer the mixture to a 4 cup mold and chill a minimum of 2 hours.
- Transfer the chilled mixture to a platter, and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Amount Per Serving (32 total)
- 46 cal
- 3.3 g
- 1.4 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This is very similar to a recipe my sister in law makes for family get-togethers. It's always one of the most popular appetizers served. Her variation is that the cream cheese is incorporated into the..." See more mixture. It's easy to transport the chilled mixture and easy to unmold just before serving. Goes great with buttery, round crackers or any other crisp cracker."
"This was very good, but unless you like the taste of thyme, I would reduce the amount in the recipe by one half. The flavor was just too strong for my liking...." See more"
Just swipe to see more like this.