Baked Cheese Sticks32 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 8 min
- Ready In: 43 min
“These are great served hot with salsa or pizza sauce. They take a little effort but are worth it!! The coating is made with finely crushed cornflakes cereal, lightly spiced. ” - by MS.CHEF
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking pan lined with foil.
- In a large, shallow bowl, crush the corn cereal to 1 cup. Mix together the corn cereal, oregano and garlic salt.
- Place the flour in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, thoroughly beat the egg whites and water.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into 12 sticks approximately 2 3/4 inches in length. Dip the cheese sticks in the flour, then the egg mixture, then the cereal mixture. Repeat dipping in the egg and cereal mixture to ensure a complete coating. Arrange cheese sticks on the baking pan. Allow the sticks to set for 30 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 8 minutes until cheese is soft and sticks are lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 187 cal
- 6.1 g
- 21.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (32)Rate This Recipe
"I cut the cheese into sticks half the size suggested and left the sticks to set in the fridge for half an hour. I experienced none of the leakage other reviews have mentioned and the cheese sticks we..." See morere a big hit with everyone."
"Pretty good, considering I made a few changes to the original recipe. instead of cornflakes, I used about 1 and 1/2 cups of seasoned breadcrumbs. also, If you cut an entire brick of moz. cheese, it m..." See moreakes about 24 semi-big cheese sticks. I did have a few problems with leaking cheese, and after reading other reveiws, I coated each stick 2-3 times with egg and breadcrumb. After baking them at 400 degrees for 8 minutes, the crust wasn't very hard, so I let the cheese harden, then put them in at 425 for another 5 minutes or so. With these changes, the recipe turned out great!"
Baked Ham and Cheese Party Sandwiches
Sir Laurier d'Arthabaska Cheese Baked in a Nut Crust
Just swipe to see more like this.