Shirred Potatoes and Pork Chops4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 3 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 30 min
“I got this recipe from my mother and just love it. The pork chops just melt in your mouth, and you can jazz up the potatoes with whatever you like. My favorite is to layer some shredded cheddar cheese with the potatoes.” - by cball
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Whisk together the milk, flour, butter, salt, and pepper in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until the mixture thickens, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove the white sauce from the heat.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and sear the pork chops on both sides in the hot skillet just until browned, about 5 minutes. Set the pork chops aside.
- Place about 2/3 of the shredded potatoes into the prepared baking dish. Potatoes should fill about 2/3 of the dish. Top with the seared pork chops, and top with the remaining shredded potatoes. Pour the white sauce over the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 3 hours.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 600 cal
- 23.4 g
- 77.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I tried this recipe and it was WONDERFUL ... I did make a few changes and here they are : I also shredded carrots and finely chopped onions and layered these too. I also made my white sauce with chi..." See morecken broth as I did chicken breasts instead of pork chops. My husband has lost his taste and smell and the texture of this dish was "feel good" in his mouth. Thanks for the idea and I hope you don't mind that I changed the recipe a tad."
"I made this last night strictly according to directions. It was very bland, no flavor, although the pork chops were fall apart tender. Potatoes were mushy. I don't think I'll be making this again...." See more"
Spicy Pork Chops with Herbed Roasted New Potatoes
Pork Chops with Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.