Beer-Batter Onion Rings81 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Light, crispy, very addictive onion rings! Use your favorite beer to make the batter.” - by KUMLA
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Sift flour into a large bowl. In another large bowl, whisk egg yolks. Mix in beer, butter and salt. Set aside 1 cup of flour for dipping the onion rings. Slowly stir the egg yolk mixture into the remaining flour and mix well. Allow the mixture to stand 30 to 60 minutes.
- Heat deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, stiffly beat the egg whites. Gently combine the egg whites with the batter.
- Coat each onion ring with flour and dip into batter.
- Deep fry the battered rings, several at a time, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 627 cal
- 39.4 g
- 56.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (81)Rate This Recipe
"This is by far one of the better beer batter recipes out there. I did end up adding more beer to give mine more of a pancake batter type of consistancy, and if you don't have a favorite dipping sauce,..." See more you'll want to add something more for flavor. I ended up using some Walla Walla sweet onions and it turned out great! One tip... rather than drudging the onion before dipping it, I just threw my sliced onions in a gallon size bag with the flour and gave them all a good shake at the same time, it really cut down the mess."
"This is wonderful recipe. The batter must be of pancake batter consistancy. So add extra beer as needed. Recipe as written is good. But on our second batch we decided to add some spices to see if it..." See more would make them more flavorfull. We really enjoyed them better with the spices. We added some paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, red pepper, extra salt."
Old Fashioned Onion Rings
Beer Battered Onion Rings
Just swipe to see more like this.