Rich Macaroni and Tomato Bake10 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“A quick and easy dish that everyone loves.” - by KYLIE ELIZABETH
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Stir in pasta sauce, black pepper and cooked pasta. Spread mixture in prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, cream, milk and nutmeg and stir until smooth. Pour gently over macaroni mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, until set and golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 511 cal
- 27.4 g
- 46.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"We really liked this, however, we did make some modifications based on other reviews. We used Classico Spicy Red Pepper Pasta Sauce to give this extra kick. Rather than using bacon, we used hamburge..." See morer. We doubled the heavy cream and milk to keep everything more moist. With these changes it was great! We will definitely be having this one again."
"In all honesty, I didn't eat this. Several others at the wake did though, and everyone raved about it. I'm only giving it 4 stars though because it did like a curdle-y thing that made everyone think t..." See morehat the sauce was some form of beef that roughly resembled canned dog food. Seriously, it looked pretty bad. I doubled the recipe though, and it was all eaten, so I don't know what tweaks, if any, it could have used. Oh, I didn't realize that I didn't have bacon though, so I used pepperoni."
The Green One
"I wasn't too impressed. It tasted to me like an "adult version" of Spaghetti O's. Not enough flavor for me. I may try it again, but will have to add many many many more spices and/or flavor to make..." See more it more than noddles with a tomato cream sauce....which is really all that it was."
Eggplant Tomato Bake
Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Tomato
Just swipe to see more like this.