Yummy Chicken10 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“This is a recipe I had at a church supper and I was very impressed. The flavour was wonderful, it stayed hot, and it tasted good served with either rice or potatoes.” - by Jan S.
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Pound the chicken breast halves flat and to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut the flattened chicken breasts into several large pieces.
- Place the flour, salt, and pepper into a plastic bag, and drop the chicken pieces into the bag. Shake gently to coat the chicken thoroughly with flour mixture.
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown the coated chicken pieces on each side until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Place the chicken pieces into the prepared baking dish, leaving the oil and butter in the skillet. Cook and stir the mushrooms, green onions, and garlic in the hot skillet until the mushrooms give up their juice and start to brown, about 10 minutes. Spread the cooked vegetables over the chicken pieces.
- Pour the apple juice, lemon juice, and sugar into the skillet, stir to dissolve the sugar, and bring the mixture to a boil. Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables, cover the baking dish with foil, and bake in the preheated oven until the sauce has reduced and the chicken has absorbed the sauce, about 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 215 cal
- 7.5 g
- 11.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"As written, this dish is a little bland. I have made a similar recipe (with the very same name) for more than a decade. It originally was featured in "Winners- Best Of Bridge" cookbook. A few ingredie..." See morents are missing in this posting that really will make this a fantastic dish: 1) Add 1/4 tsp of thyme to the flour for additional seasoning 2) Add 1/2 tsp of salt to the lemon juice, apple juice and sugar. DO NOT cook it before pouring over the chicken to bake- simply mix the 4 ingredients together, stir to dissolve and pour over the chicken. Much simpler! By adding salt and thyme, the dish really does become memorable."
"This really is yummy chicken! We loved the addition of apple juice, its a great fall recipe. I served this with apple stuffing and steamed veggies...." See more"
Yummy Honey Chicken Kabobs
Yummy Chicken Burritos
Just swipe to see more like this.