Crawfish Fettuccine I83 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“One word -- delicious! This creamy dish will leave them begging for more. The crawfish and Cajun seasonings give a new twist to fettuccine.” - by CYNTHIA2
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic in butter until onions are tender. Stir in flour, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in crawfish. Cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the processed cheese, half-and-half, Cajun seasonings, and cayenne pepper. Cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Stir noodles into crawfish mixture; pour into prepared dish, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 490 cal
- 22.6 g
- 48.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (83)Rate This Recipe
"I'm from Louisiana, and this recipe takes the cake! It's one that tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen, when you didn't! Kids love it too. Wonderful with a salad, bread and glass of wine. ..." See moreI highly recommend this one!!"
"Hotter'n Hades and VERY fishy-tasting. But EXCELLENT !! I substituted skim milk for the half & half and used low fat Velveeta cheese. Takes a while to prepare but worth it. Yum yum yum :)..." See more"
"This was very good. I'm from Louisiana and have eaten my fair share of crawfish fettucine and this was really great. I left out the cayenne pepper so it wouldn't be too, too spicy. But I used the c..." See morealled for amount of cajun seasoning. I think next time I make it I'll use a different type of pasta----maybe thin spaghetti or linguine. Last time I made it I put it in the slow cooker for a work potluck, and it was better than baked. I didn't cook the noodles and put it on high for 3 hours. Much creamier than baking."
Cajun Crawfish and Shrimp Etouffe
Crawfish Etouffee II
Just swipe to see more like this.