Stuffed Peppers My Way576 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Roasted green bell peppers are stuffed with feta cheese and a mixture of rice and green onions.” - by Sandy
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place the peppers cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Roast 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender and skin starts to brown.
- While the peppers are roasting, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onions, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato, and cook for 5 minutes. Spoon in the cooked rice, and stir until heated through. Remove from heat, mix in the feta cheese, and spoon the mixture into the pepper halves.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 385 cal
- 15.2 g
- 52.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (576)Rate This Recipe
"Yum! I love these, and make them about 3 times each month! My vegetarian husband loves these as well. What's great about this recipe is how much you can adapt the recipe. I like to make these pepp..." See moreers the night after making a stir fry, to use up extra cooked rice. I have also stuffed the peppers with leftover risotto from the previous night's dinner. I find the salt in the feta is plenty, so I don't add any extra. These are great to use up any vegetables you have on hand (I have thrown in corn, broccoli, mushrooms, etc.), and I love to use fresh basil in these. Also, regular onions are fine if you don't have green onions on hand."
"Great Recipe! I made a few changes. I added ground beef, fresh garlic, and minced yellow onion. I also used whole peppers. A great tip for making sure your whole peppers don't fall over in the oven is..." See more to place them sitting in a muffin pan. Works great! This was the easiest and most delcious stuffed pepper recipe I have made! Thank you!"
"So Yummmy! I roasted red, yellow and green peppers for 15 minutes. I sauteed onion,garlic, and fresh basil, parsley and chives for 5 min then added small cut up pieces of chicken breasts. Let that ..." See moresautee for 15 min also adding in cut up pieces of zucchini, brocolli, carrot, and 2 tomatoes. Added the feta and stuffed my pepps with this and topped with fresh grated parmesan cheese and cooked for the extra five minutes. (I did season rice mixture w/ sea salt, pepper, and paprika for some added spice) ABSOLUTELY delicious. Great base recipe to play with."
Tina's Greek Stuffed Peppers
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.