Catfish Creole39 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“This dish tastes just like the authentic version except it's lower in calories and fat and is a quick recipe to make.” - by dakota kelly
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a small saucepan, bring the 2 cups of water to a boil. Stir in the rice and return to a boil; reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut the catfish into 3/4 inch pieces; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the tomatoes (with juices), dried onions, bouillon granules, dried oregano, garlic powder and hot-pepper sauce; bring to a boil and stir in the catfish pieces.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and is opaque all the way through.
- Serve the fish mixture over the rice.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 367 cal
- 9.3 g
- 46.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (39)Rate This Recipe
"A quick and easy Catfish stew! For a fresher taste, I have adapted the recipe, but only slightly. I use catfish nuggets and Ro-Tel tomatoes. I use fresh celery, onion, garlic clove, a strip of lemon ..." See morepeel and fresh thyme, when available. I use hot pepper flakes, instead of hot pepper sauce, and no salt. Diners are able to add salt, or not, to their own taste."
"Easy and fast! Tasted wonderful, will be making again. I added red pepper flakes and used diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil. Added okra too. It was fabulous...." See more"
Shrimp Creole IV
Fried Creole Catfish
Just swipe to see more like this.