Layered Basil Cheese Spread1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 20 min
“A pleasant blend of fresh basil and Parmesan cheese separates layers of cream cheese and tomato in this party-perfect appetizer.” - by Town House
Original recipe yields 28 servings
- Line 3 1/2-to 4-cup bowl or mold with plastic wrap, allowing excess wrap to extend over sides. Set aside.
- In medium bowl gently stir together cream cheese and tomato. Set aside.
- In food processor bowl combine basil, Parmesan cheese, parsley, pine nuts and garlic. Cover and process until very finely chopped. With food processor running, slowly add oil through feed tube. Process until mixture is consistency of soft butter.
- Spread one-third of cream cheese mixture in prepared bowl. Top with one-half of basil mixture. Repeat layers. Spread remaining cheese mixture on top. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- On serving plate invert bowl. Remove plastic wrap. Garnish with tomato and fresh basil, if desired. Serve with crackers.
Amount Per Serving (28 total)
- 99 cal
- 8.2 g
- 4.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Took this to work today for the staff. They RAVED about it - beautiful presentation, great taste! Used whole almonds and fresh basil and parsley from the garden. If using a food processor, no need to ..." See morechop garlic or sliver almonds in advance. Quick, easy, a definite keeper! Will surely make it again. Great for give away!"
Cold Smoked Salmon Spread from Town House(R)
Blue Cheese Spread
Just swipe to see more like this.