Cornbread Stuffing Southern Style79 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Onions, celery, green pepper and garlic sauteed in butter and boiled with chicken broth make the savory stock that cornbread is added to, creating this stuffing sensation.” - by Kathleen Burton
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine muffin mix, corn, eggs, yogurt and milk; stir just until moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and saute onion, celery, green pepper and garlic. When onions are tender stir in thyme, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, cayenne and broth. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Crumble the cornbread and stir into broth mixture; mix well. Add more broth or more bread, as necessary, to achieve desired consistency.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 325 cal
- 15.5 g
- 40.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (79)Rate This Recipe
"I remade this recipe & did some revising. In the end, my husband loved it while my teens liked it. Here is what I done. (1) I used only 1 1/2 cans of chicken broth (Use less if you want firmer or..." See more bake at 350 for 20 minutes if it's to soupy.) (2) I omitted the yogurt & added 1/2 cup sour cream. Big difference in taste. (3) I added another can of cream corn to mix. (4) I used garlic powder instead of cloves. (5) I used margarine instead of butter. (6) I added 4 tbsp of sugar for a sweeter taste. (7) I scooped everything into a micro safe dish and nuked on high for 5 minutes for extra firmness. Much quicker then oven. (Make sure to use a big enough bowl or it will spew over.) With this revised...I can give this recipe 5 stars! Takes about 30 minutes to prepare alone."
"An amazing recipe. I have made this 3 times now and have decided to make the following changes. Only 2 1/2 cups of broth needed. I also put the stuffing back into the pan and bake in the over for abou..." See moret 20 min. to brown the top. I agree with others that this is sweeter then I would of liked but have grown to like it that way. I add a bit more spices to help c/a the sweetness. I add fresh chives as well which adds some nice flavor. Makes it a bit savory. Very good recipe. I think all will enjoy. My company and I always do!"
Southern Cornbread Dressing
Apple and Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
Just swipe to see more like this.