Linzer Torte3 Reviews
- Prep: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This is a beautiful and tasty tart-like dessert, made by layering fruit preserves on a crumbly almond and lemon butter crust. ” - by SMUCKER'S®
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch round tart pan with removable bottom with no-stick cooking spray.
- Finely chop the almonds in a food processor. Add flour and sugar, pulsing to combine. Separate one egg; set aside egg white.
- Add egg yolk, remaining whole egg, butter, lemon peel and almond extract to flour mixture. Process or mix until dough forms a ball.
- Remove scant 1/3 of dough. Flatten, wrap and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour or until manageable. Press remaining dough in bottom and 1-inch up sides of the prepared tart pan. Spread 1/2 cup apricot preserves evenly over dough.
- Roll remaining dough on floured surface or between sheets of waxed paper, into a 9 1/2 x 5-inch rectangle. Cut into ten (1/2-inch-wide) strips. Place one strip across center of torte. Place second strip on each side, about 2 inches in from edge. Repeat in other direction. Place a strip between center and edge strips in each direction. Press strips to edge. Trim off evenly with knife or pastry wheel. Brush strips with reserved egg white.
- Spoon remaining apricot preserves and raspberry preserves in alternate spaces between strips.
- Bake 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Serve warm or cool.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 317 cal
- 15.7 g
- 39.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent recipe! Relatively easy to prepare and gets rave reviews. Impressive as a finale to a company dinner...." See more"
Monique South Africa
"I am German (although this is a Austrian tart) ha ha....but jokes aside.., it works fantastic as is...no tweeking...you can however add all sorts of nuts to this recipe but not the very fatty ones lik..." See moree macadamian etc. Great success at work!"
Chewy Red Raspberry Squares
Classic Thumbprint Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.