Holiday Mincemeat Muffins8 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Mincemeat muffins are a traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas morning breakfast for our family. They can be made several days ahead and kept in the freezer. Bring them out and warm them up for a festive morning treat.” - by Heide F
Original recipe yields 18 muffins
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and white sugar, mixing until thoroughly blended.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, 1 cup of apple cider, and vegetable oil. Stir in the apple and mincemeat. Pour the mincemeat mixture into the flour mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Fill the lined muffin cups 3/4 full, and bake in the preheated oven until the muffins are risen and browned, and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Make a glaze by stirring together the confectioners' sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, and about 1 tablespoon of apple cider, or a little more as needed to make the glaze workable. Spread the glaze on the warm muffins.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 262 cal
- 5.7 g
- 52.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"Very good. Smoething different to do with mincemeat. I put strusle on top instead of glaze. Will make over and over. Thanks..." See more"
"I used whole wheat flour instead of white. It wasn't until they were baking, that I realized I had forgotten the oil! It made no difference, they taste great! They are a moist, flavorful muffin. I..." See more put the frosting on some, left it off on others; I prefer these without the frosting! Thanks for the recipe!"
Mini Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins
Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.