Best-Ever Cornbread-Sausage Stuffing29 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 9 hr 10 min
“Everyone always asks for this stuffing for Thanksgiving.” - by punkchic_123
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- The day before you want to make the stuffing, bake the corn bread mix according to package directions, remove it from the pan, cover lightly with a cloth, and leave it to dry overnight. Tear the bread into pieces and leave it out overnight to dry.
- About 1/2 hour before serving, preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Place the sausage into a skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the sausage, breaking it up as it cooks, until the meat is browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the celery and onion, and cook until the onion is translucent, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Stir in the sage.
- Tear up and crumble the corn bread into a large bowl. Break the bread apart into 1/2-inch pieces, and lightly mix it with the corn bread. Pour in the melted butter, stir to combine, and lightly mix in the sausage mixture.
- Whisk the chicken broth with the eggs, and stir into the corn bread mixture. Place the stuffing into the prepared baking dish, cover with foil, and bake in the preheated oven until the stuffing is cooked through and hot, about 30 minutes. Uncover the dish and return to the oven to bake until the top is lightly browned, about 10 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 480 cal
- 28.9 g
- 39.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (29)Rate This Recipe
"This is the BEST EVER! I followed the recipe exactly, and found it to be different in cooking time- mine took about an hour, and it didn't fit in a 1.5 qt. dish, but it took a 2.5 qt dish! Other than ..." See morethose two differences, the taste was exactly what is promised!"
"This is our family's favorite stuffing - I double the bread and use 2 pounds of mild pork sausage for a big turkey. We never have enough leftovers!..." See more"
Southern Italian Thanksgiving Stuffing
Amber's Super Stuffing
Just swipe to see more like this.