Sweet Potato Puff12 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“Creamy, fluffy, rich sweet potatoes with a meringue top. Enjoy sweet potatoes' natural sweetness without drowning it in sugar. This is everyone's favorite. We can't serve Thanksgiving dinner without it!” - by Dan
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place the cubed sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Place the cooked sweet potatoes, egg yolks, butter, and salt into the work bowl of an electric mixer, and beat on high speed until the sweet potatoes are creamy and smooth, 3 to 5 minutes. Spoon the sweet potato mixture into the prepared baking dish, and level the top with a spoon. Sprinkle raisins and walnuts over the top of the casserole, and lightly press them into the surface of the sweet potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy, about 1 minute. Gradually pour in the sugar and continue beating until the meringue is glossy and holds soft peaks, 2 to 3 more minutes. Spread the meringue over the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is hot and the meringue is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 236 cal
- 10.7 g
- 31.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"This tastes great! However, one key thing was left out- you have to have room temp egg whites. If that had been in the recipe, it would have saved me a little extra work. Maybe you all know that alr..." See moreeady though! Some other hints, while we're on the topic of meringue, are to use a metal (not plastic) bowl and make sure everything is clean of oils of any kind. Using an electric mixer really helps as well. Hope that helps out anyone else who is also rather a novice in the kitchen!"
"This recipe works great even with canned sweet potatoes. Just drain them well, and throw them in the mixing bowl. There is NO need for additional sugar...." See more"
Gourmet Sweet Potato Souffle
Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes with Pecans
Just swipe to see more like this.