Sausage, Egg and Chile Casserole4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“Easy to pop in the oven, this crowd-pleasing dish, featuring sausage, peppers and lots of cheese, is perfect for brunch or a casual supper.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Cook the sausage in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the celery, onion and peppers in the skillet and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the chiles. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Place half the bread cubes into a lightly greased 3-quart shallow baking dish. Layer with the sausage mixture and remaining bread cubes. Beat the eggs and milk in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Pour the milk mixture over the bread cubes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Spoon the soup over the casserole. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 532 cal
- 34.2 g
- 27.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I must say as soon as it was done I was skeptical but this is DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..." See more"
"Took a lot of effort to prepare and definitely not worth the result. Mushy and rather greasy, didn't look at all appetizing, but edible...." See more"
Jill's Hash Brown Casserole
French Onion Turkey Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.