Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Tortillas42 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 4 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 40 min
“Slow-cooking the chicken before shredding makes it especially tender and flavorful...when that chicken is layered with tortillas and cheese, you've got a simple, family-friendly casserole.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place the chicken into a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Top with all but 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning. Pour 3 1/2 cups of the stock over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken to a cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir the remaining taco seasoning, stock and soup in the saucepan. Stir in the chicken.
- Layer half of the chicken mixture, tortillas, and cheese in a 3-quart shallow baking dish. Repeat the layer. Bake for 30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve over the rice.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 1033 cal
- 50.2 g
- 91.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (42)Rate This Recipe
"I made it and it was great but I have one question... it is unclear whether you add the broth that was used to cook the chicken in back into the final pot. I did and it made A LOT. Serves more than ..." See more6. The next time I make it, I will try not adding that back in and see what happens."
"Very good as is, but next time I will add black beans. I cooked this in a glass 8x8 dish, but it bubbled over, so of course i will be using a different casserole dish next time as well, but an over al..." See morel hit with every member of my family. Will definitely be put in our monthly rotation."
Slow Cooked Chicken and Bean Burritos
Campbell's(R) Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.