Tom Szaller's Great Pan or Bird Stuffing11 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“This great sausage and bacon stuffing contains so many ingredients, some say it could be a meal in itself. Bake it as a side dish, or use it to stuff the bird.” - by Tom Szaller
Original recipe yields 25 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Place sausage in a large Dutch oven. Cook over medium high heat, stirring to crumble, until evenly brown. Drain.
- Add the bacon to the sausage along with the onions, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, mushrooms, butter, pepper, celery salt, seasoning salt, poultry seasoning, basil, garlic powder and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 10 to 20 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- Gradually place the bread into the mixture, thoroughly blending until all pieces are coated. Transfer to a large baking dish or two medium baking dishes.
- Bake in the preheated oven 40 to 60 minutes, or until the top begins to brown.
Amount Per Serving (25 total)
- 258 cal
- 10.5 g
- 32.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"My family can't get enough of this, I made it for Thanksgiving and had to make it for twice since then! My any changes is adding celery, 2 tsp sage and rosemary and lightly toasting the bread before ..." See moremixing with the other ingredients. Otherwise, fantastic! I have used this several times to make stuffed porkchops and with a pork crown roast."
"I tend to try a new stuffing recipe every year. I have made many stuufings from fruit ones to the ordinary sage cornbread kind. But I'll tell you something, I tried this one for the first time this ye..." See morear. Next year I am going to use the same one. This is the best dressing ever, all I did to alter it was add about 2 tablespoons of sage. otherwise it is perfect and the only one I will use in years to come."
Basic Yankee Bread Stuffing
Just swipe to see more like this.